Thursday, March 7, 2013

Not too shabby

Today was a good day.

Last night, I came home from a grueling work day at 11:30 PM and the trash can was already at the curb.  OK- that doesn't count as today, but it certainly made this morning easier.

The girl child made omelettes in her new Tupperware microwave omelette maker.  This product it stupid.  It's an oval bowl with a lid.  HOWEVER- the girl is thrilled, and I ate breakfast without having to make it.

Only one teeny snip-snip argument between the children before school.

The boy called me when he got home from work- he beat me by about 15 minutes.  He asked if his friend could come over, and I said Yes.  This involves me going to pick the friend up and deliver him home later, and it doesn't happen often.  BUT- he did get up early and pick up his room, and he's asked every day. The condition is- chores have to be done first.

While on the phone, he checked and chores for him today were bring the trash can in from the curb and empty the dishwasher. 

Driving down the street, the trash can was still out.

I went in- the dishwasher was not opened.

SO- I told the boy I was going to take a quick nap until he was done.

I slept for an hour.  The chores did not get done at all.

No yelling, no nothing- at 5:30 the boy asked if his friend could come over.  Well- this doesn't work when I would be driving the friend home at 6:30, AND- chores still weren't done.

It all worked out ok, and there ya go.

The girl child announced that she got second chair in orchestra, which is a big deal.  She even played with a left hand index finger injury (from making dinner a couple nights before.  Our knives are really sharp)

We all emptied out the refrigerator this evening, talking about food safety and leftovers ;)

That wraps it up.  Nice day- and a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment