Thursday, January 3, 2013

These, are the Holidays, of our lives

Yes, I grew up watching Days of our Lives.  Grandma watched it, my mom watched it.  And now, I pay it homage in the title of a blog.

Full circle, people. Full  Circle.

The holidays are a time of stress and disappointment.  Don't kid yourselves.

Let's talk about what happened with the Boy child.

Everyone knows about his obsession with his pants.  My solution was- overwhelm him with options, and he won't be so OCD.  IF he has 8 pairs of pants, he won't be so prone to always wanting to wear the 1 out of 4.  Does this make any sense?  I thought it did, but now it absolutely doesn't.  Sad news.

ANYways- I bought him 5 new pairs of pants.

All the wrong size.

So he opened the pants on Christmas morning and of course wanted to wear them immediately. This became a "I'll return them and get the right size" battle.  He didn't care if they didn't fit, he wanted to wear them THIS MINUTE! 

I succumbed and told him he could pick out one pair and wear those.  Then I would return the others and get the right size.

All has worked out- the last 2 pair were from Target and I returned them then gave him the gift card.  We went and picked out 2 new pairs last night.  MAROON (not burgundy.  Don't call them burgundy.  It says MAROON) and dirty blue CORDUROY pants.

Man, back in the Days of our Lives times, I hated corduroys. Man I really avoided them as much as possible.  But if that's what I had, that's what I wore.  Now the boy CHOOSES cords. 

Full Circle people, full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment